Salem Baptist Church
Your Business Tagline
What We At Salem Baptist Believe...
What We At Salem Baptist Believe...
The Scriptures - We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Psalm 19:7; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
* By the "Holy Bible" we mean that collection of 66 books from Genesis to Revelation which, as originally written, does not only contain and convey the Word of God, but IS the very Word of God. *
The Godhead - We believe there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three Persons; that these are equal in every divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption (Matt. 3:16-17; 24:19-20; John 14:26; 2 Cor. 13:14).
God the Father - We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, eternal, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and spiritual death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ (John 4:24; Isa. 44:6).
Jesus Christ - We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in the virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven and perpetual intercession for His people. We believe in the personal, bodily premillennial return of Christ occurring in two phases:
* To complete the Church Age by rapturing all believers, and
* As King, to end the Great Tribulation, judge the nations, and usher in the Millennial Kingdom.
(John 1:1-2, 14; Romans 5:8; Luke 24:39; 1 Cor. 15:3-4;Acts 1:11; Heb. 7:25; 1 John 2:1; John 14:3; Isa. 9:6)
The Holy Spirit - We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person, proceeding from the Father and the Son, who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement; and that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. We believe that He is the Divine Teacher who guides believers into all truth, and, that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit (1 Cor 6:19; John 14:16-18; 15:26; 16"7-14; 1 Cor 12:12-14; Eph. 1:13-14; 6:18).
Satan - We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin and the cause of the fall; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man; and, that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Job 1:6-7; Isa. 14:12-17; Ezek. 28:12-19; Matt 4:2-11; 25:41; John 8:44; 2 Cor. 4:3,4; 1 Pet 5:8; Rev. 20:10).
Man - We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam's sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and, that man is totally depraved, and of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition (Gen 1:26-27; Rom 3:22-23; Eph. 2:1-3, 12).
Salvation - We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. We further believe that salvation is manifested in a two-fold way:
* a godly sorrow for sin, and
* a turning from sin to live a godly life.
Those who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior will rejoice forever in God's presence and those who refuse to accept Him will be forever separated from Him (John 1:12; 3:36; Eph. 1:7; 2:8-10; 1 Pet 1:18-19).
We strongly oppose the teaching usually known as extreme hyper Calvinism, and its denial of the ability of man to respond to God, through its teaching of limited atonement and irresistible grace and unconditional election.
The Local Church - We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible profession of faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We also believe that the local church shall be self-governing, self-supporting and self-propagating. The paramount objective of the church is the evangelization of the world (Matt 28:18-20; Acts 14:27; 1 Cor 1:2; Gal 1:2).
The Ordinances - We believe that there are two New Testament ordinances that Christians are commanded to observe, namely:
- Water Baptism: While recognizing that baptism has no saving merit, it is our conviction that after one is saved, baptism is the next step in order to portray to the world the believer's union with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. It is our further conviction that the scriptural method of water baptism is immersion.
We believe that the N.T. order is -
to be baptized, and
to be added to the Church.
(Rom 6:4; Col 2:12; Matt 28:18-20; Acts 8:36-39; Acts 2:41).
- The Lord's Table - We believe the observance of the Lord's Supper to be the privilege of all born-again believers, and by the sacred use of the bread and the fruit of the vine are to commemorate the death of Christ. It is a spiritual exercise of His saints to be observed "till He come" and should be preceded always by solemn self-examination and confession of any known sin (Matt 26:26-29; 1 John 1:9; 1 Cor 11:23-24; Luke 22:19-20).